“Digital Natives’ view technology as an environment, not a tool.” – John Couch, VP Apple Education.
This site will include educational tools for the integration of technology into the early childhood classroom. There will be editorials associated with selected professional articles that are related to instructional technology. A list of web links will be included for references to early childhood educational sites. Another list of professional resource links provides options for lesson plan development and ideas for resources. Scroll to the bottom to see the featured link of the month. Also, please complete the survey for my data collection.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ron Clark



I had the privilege to go to the Georgia Educational Technology conference today and hear the keynote speaker, Ron Clark. He was amazing! It was inspiring to hear someone speak about education with such enthusiam and excitement. He kept saying the words, "creativity and innovation." These are words that are constantly used in the technology world. I left the presentation wondering, "Am I making a difference in the lives of the students at my school." I don't feel that I teach them on a regular basis to directly affect their lives; however, I hope that with what I do with the teachers trickles down to make the students' learning the best it can be. I plan to go out and purchase Ron Clark's book this weekend to learn more about how I can be creative, innovative, and make a difference.
To read the bio about Ron Clark go to http://www.gaetc.org/speakers08/keynote08.htm

Photo created at Big Huge http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Kim,
Thanks for sharing Ron's new book title. I have read things by him before, and I always come away feeling like I need to do more. The same way you felt. It's nice to get new ideas. I need to go purchase this book!

Misty Rollins said...

Without a doubt, I am sure that you make a big difference in students' lives. As a teacher, it is critical to learn about and have resources to use to teach students. Therefore, all of the information and resources you provide to others teachers are vital to their teaching. I will have to check this book out because I am always looking for ways to be more creative.