“Digital Natives’ view technology as an environment, not a tool.” – John Couch, VP Apple Education.
This site will include educational tools for the integration of technology into the early childhood classroom. There will be editorials associated with selected professional articles that are related to instructional technology. A list of web links will be included for references to early childhood educational sites. Another list of professional resource links provides options for lesson plan development and ideas for resources. Scroll to the bottom to see the featured link of the month. Also, please complete the survey for my data collection.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Big Huge Labs and Spell with Flickr

S28 Door handle - P e39 l002 L

Big Huge Labs and Spell with Flickr are two sites that I learned about today at a GAETC session. Steve Dembo of Discovery Education showed great innovations for the early childhood classroom. Big Huge Labs will allow you to make a movie poster, sports trading card, a calendar, framer, and more. Spell with Flickr takes pictures from flickr and allows you to change each letter until you get the ones you desire. For more great suggestions from a former kindergarten teacher, please go to his website teach42.com

3 comments:

Misty Rollins said...

Wow, this is really neat. It definitely caught my eye when I pulled your blog. He definitely had some great suggestions that I can use in my kindergarten classroom.

Adams - Party of 4 said...

I like 'Big Huge Lab', but I will have to find out what "pimp my profile" exactly means LOL. I love the idea of spelling with Flickr, but the link to the resource - well, let's just say the page designer needs to follow good web design practices - the black background with blue letters is hard to read. (I learned that in Dr. Bray's class on Web Design)

Lindsay said...

Kim,

This is so cool! I never realized that you could do these things. This is a resource that I am definitely passing on. The quest teacher at our school was looking for something like this!