“Digital Natives’ view technology as an environment, not a tool.” – John Couch, VP Apple Education.
This site will include educational tools for the integration of technology into the early childhood classroom. There will be editorials associated with selected professional articles that are related to instructional technology. A list of web links will be included for references to early childhood educational sites. Another list of professional resource links provides options for lesson plan development and ideas for resources. Scroll to the bottom to see the featured link of the month. Also, please complete the survey for my data collection.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Webquests




I read an article about Webquests on Education World's website. It is titled Creating a Webquest: It's Easier than you Think. I like using webquests with students in first grade and up. It is a great way to begin teaching research to these students, and it is a great way to teach putting the answer in phrase form (not copying.) The article tells how to create your own webquest, and the site has many to choose from that someone else created. I have a first grade teacher at my school who does at least one webquest every three weeks to a month. The students usually use the information to write and then type paragraphs. There are many 21 century skills that are incorporated into these assignments. Webquests are a great technology integration tool!

2 comments:

Misty Rollins said...

I am very impressed that you have a teacher at your school that does at least one webquest about every month with her students. I can see how there are a number of skills that are involved in creating and using webquests. It is definitely a great technology tool.

Lindsay said...

I have never done a webquest. I am interested in learning more about how to do them. I can't believe that someone would do this on a monthly basis. I guess it is like anything else, after a while its second nature.