“Digital Natives’ view technology as an environment, not a tool.” – John Couch, VP Apple Education.
This site will include educational tools for the integration of technology into the early childhood classroom. There will be editorials associated with selected professional articles that are related to instructional technology. A list of web links will be included for references to early childhood educational sites. Another list of professional resource links provides options for lesson plan development and ideas for resources. Scroll to the bottom to see the featured link of the month. Also, please complete the survey for my data collection.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Smile for the Picture

I have two great new websites to share for photography use in the classroom.

The first is called Cameroid. You need a web camera for this one. I am going into a Kindergarten class tomorrow to turn each child into Humpty Dumpty. We are going to put the JPGs into PhotoStory3 and they will read their poem to go with their Humpty Dumpty portrait. Go to http://blog.woodward.edu/waps to see the finished project.

The next site is called Befunky. This would be a great way to use a child's picture on a blog or website, but turn them into a cartoon or drawing.

6 comments:

Diane said...

Kim,
How did you find these sites? They both seem very interesting--I'm going to especially try out the BeFunky site. The engineers and artists behind this have a great idea to combine art and computer technology!
Thanks for the post!
Diane

Misty Rollins said...

Wow, I certainly enjoyed watching and listening to the Humpty Dumpty stories. I also like how they incorporated rhyming in it. It was adorable. That gives me a great idea to use in my kindergarten classroom.

Lindsay said...

Kim,
WOW! This was a really neat project. I would also like to know how you find these sites. Do you google them? I really enjoyed watching. I can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Adams - Party of 4 said...

Kim - I am loving all the great technology stuff you are finding and impressed with the uses you are finding for the younger classes - these are great ways to expose them to technology in funs ways and will hook them for technology for the future.
I'm going BeFunky and see what I can make myself look like.

Adams - Party of 4 said...

Ha - I tried BeFunky - and used the feature that can make me skinnier - by the time I was finished, I looked like a "fun house" mirror image - it was pretty funny. I also tried the cartoon feature - It reminds me of those commercials on TV that combine the two mediums - neat technology and will be fun for the students to have in their arsenal of resources.

Ann O said...

The befunky website is great. I actually uploaded a graphic organizer on the life cycle of a penguin.It turned out great. My son liked the cartoon version of the graphic organizer better.